What are the Effects of Bullying?
As we are starting to see more and more these days, the effects of bullying Stop the 'bullying'! are far reaching and can end in extremely tragic circumstances. Please read right through this website for ideas and strategies for the different types of bullying 'bullying': Stop 'bullying'; Effective Ways To Overcome 'bullying' In School Permanently: Modern Day Approach To Prevent 'bullying' Once And For All ('bullying' ... and intervention, School Violence) and dealing with bullies however you can also use the Anti Bully System to put a stop to this awful problem right now!
In schools that have bullying Band Against 'bullying' Wristband - Stand Up. Speak Out. Bracelet problems or issues, the whole school can suffer as a result of the effects of bullying such as students (even those who are not being victimized) feeling intimidated and tense in their surroundings and learning environment. Just because they themselves are not being bullied, just being around that sort of climate is distressing enough and leads to poor engagement and consequently a reduced capacity to learn. It is hardly surprising to see students struggling with their schoolwork if they do not feel safe and at ease within the boundaries of their school.
It is also a complete waste of time when our teachers have to spend valuable teaching time on bullying, effects of bullying Stop 'bullying' (True Books: Guides to Life) and behavioral issues rather than developing and educating our children.
What effects can bullying Free Stop 'bullying' Tips. have? It is easy to see how it is not just the victim but also teachers and schools who feel the effects of bullying Reform Your Inner Mean Girl: 7 Steps to Stop 'bullying' Yourself and Start Loving Yourself and stress and this is before we even enter the realm of the parents anguish and upset.
The most common effects of bullying…
Several surveys of both adults and children show that both short-term effects of bullying Just Stop It 'bullying' Black Mens Tank Top - X-Large and long-term effects of bullying 'bullying': How to stop the harassment. can be quite severe. There are many implications however these are the most often repeated responses.
1) Bullying, especially severe bullying Stop 'bullying' can result in our children leaving school early and also not wanting to further their education at university or college. Nearly 50% of survey respondents report that bullying Tough!: A Story about How to Stop 'bullying' in Schools (The Weird! Series) adversely affected their plans for further education.
2) Effects of bullying can be seen in tragic emotional consequences for victims of bullies. Again, nearly 50% of those surveyed revealed they had considered or thought about committing suicide as a result of bullying. Sadly to say, this group converts thoughts to actions at approximately 20% of these victims actually trying to commit suicide. To put this into perspective, students who are not bullied have only a 0.07% chance of contemplating suicide. This figure reduces further down to only 0.03% chance of actually attempting suicide. The effects of bullying shows a victim of bullying also has a chance of more than 3 times the normal of suffering depression.
3) There is often no end to bullying for victims. Devastating effects of bullying is the pattern it creates in victims’ minds and personalities that can last their whole life. Of those people bullied at school, nearly 40% of them report being bullied again later in life be it during further education, work or even socially.
4) The impact of bullying is severe! Bullying and the effects of bullying is a self esteem killer! Whatever form the bullying takes and also regardless of the content, just about every bullying victim reports that they feel worse about themselves after they have been bullied. Especially in our young and developing children, self esteem is critical. Bullies sap this from their victims creating further problems for the victim. Nearly 40% of bullied victims have low self esteem compared with less than 1% for normal, everyday kids.
5) Victims of bullying have much higher absenteeism levels than that of normal children. Obviously the more time spent away from classes and work not only limits their education and achievement but also takes them out of the necessary social circles, stopping them from making new friends, benefiting from the support of current friends and learning how to actually deal with these bullies. This lack of a good network is one of the most dangerous effects of bullying.
6) On the subject of friends, victims of bullying can have trouble holding onto their current ones due to the fact of the pack mentality especially at school. Teenagers especially do not like to isolate themselves by sticking up for someone no matter what their internal thoughts and feelings are. If only they realized the true nobility of their actions in doing so but unfortunately these lessons are learned later in life! Because victims of bullying can also come across as “different” or “trouble” they also struggle to make new friends. Throw in peer pressure and it is even harder to reach out to these people.
7) Bullying and mental health going forward. Because victims have not had the chance to effectively devise coping strategies and abilities, one of the key effects of bullying is that they can often find themselves dealing with more struggles later in life as a result. Long term relationships are harder to form and sustain and sadly, the pattern of bullying continues but now in adult life the victim becomes the bully and is more likely to resort to aggression and violence to resolve conflict.
There are of course many more implications, effects of bullying, results and struggles that are felt by the victims of bullying. The key for them and indeed us as parents and guardians is knowledge of how bullying occurs, learning how to identify bullying before things get too far out of control, understanding how to deal with bullies and of course supporting victims of bullies through guidance, education and love.
As is with everything in life, knowledge and education is power! There is some other great and helpful info all over www.dealingwithbullies.org however I can totally recommend The Anti Bully Guide to really deliver a top shelf message and provide you with even more tools to help you deal with the bullies and the effects of bullying!
All in all, you just won’t find a better stop bullying package and anti bullying resources to deal with the effects of bullying so have a closer look for yourself and defeat those bullies once and for all!
No longer will you or someone you love be a victim!
“Never stop listening, loving and teaching our children – no matter what, and keep a close watch out so you can spot the effects of bullying!”